Terms and Conditions of Use
Last update: June 7, 2017
- Acceptance of contractual terms
- General terms and conditions of use
- You agree:
- not to commercially exploit or reuse the contents of the Kronos Technologies applications;
- not to copy, change, hack into, attempt to decrypt or discover by any other means the source code of any software developed by Kronos Technologies or nor to adapt, distribute, publish or communicate any element of the contents without obtaining the prior written authorization from Kronos Technologies;
- not to use the Kronos Technologies applications for unlawful or prohibited purposes under these terms and conditions of use;
- not to infringe on the intellectual property rights, nor on the integrity and confidentiality of the data or the privacy of individuals;
- not to use the Kronos applications in any way that may damage them, put them out of operation, overload or compromise them nor disturb or disrupt the use or certification of the services by other users;
- not to attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any user account, system or network linked to the services provided by Kronos Technologies;
- not to use our applications to download, send or store illicit, racist, hateful, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory contents or files that contain viruses, Trojan horses or any other similar malware;
- not to display or send unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, promotional material, spam, chain letters, invitations to pyramid schemes or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether business-related or other; or to use emails for reprehensible or illegal activities (scams, hoaxes, email bombs or spams, etc.).
- Access code and password
You must ensure the confidentiality of your access code and password at all times and ensure that this information is not divulged under any circumstances, except to the individuals involved in simultaneous access. You are solely responsible for the activities carried out using your access code and password, as Kronos Technologies is not held responsible for verifying the true identity or authority under which the individuals who use your access code and password act. You are therefore bound by any use of your electronic identification, including any unauthorized use by individuals without your knowledge or agreement. As such, you recognize that in no event will Kronos Technologies be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from the use of your access code and password by a third party. Should Kronos Technologies act on instructions from you or any person using your access code and password, you agree to indemnify Kronos Technologies for any claim, loss or expense arising from the use of your access codes and passwords, whether or not such uses were authorized by you. Should an unauthorized individual obtain your access code and password or should you become aware of any other breach of confidentiality, you must advise Kronos Technologies immediately.
- You agree:
- Security and confidentiality of data
- Confidential information Kronos Technologies is careful to protect the confidentiality of the information pertaining to its activities and its clients’ personal information. Thus, in addition to the confidentiality obligations imposed under the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services and the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector and their regulations, you must ensure that you protect the confidential nature of the information that Kronos Technologies makes available to you through its applications.Under no circumstances can you communicate or make accessible the information contained in the Kronos Technologies applications, except to the individuals duly authorized to receive or access the information while applying the adequate measures in order to avoid any and all non-authorized access. Kronos Technologies cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that may be the direct or indirect result of a breach of confidentiality of the information communicated or transmitted in violation of these terms and conditions of use, and you agree to immediately inform Kronos Technologies of any violation that might compromise the confidentiality of the information and indemnify them against any claim, loss or expense in which such communication or transmission may result.
- You agree that Kronos Technologies may access your data so as to adequately respond to your needs in terms of client support. Kronos Technologies will not divulge this data, except according to law or if duly authorized by you.
- Copyrights and trademarks
The contents of the Kronos Technologies applications is protected under Canadian copyright laws. Copying, reproducing, publishing or redistributing all or part of the contents of Kronos Technologies applications is strictly prohibited. Kronos Technologies owns the trademarks used in connection with the products and services it provides, including names, designs, logos, icons, drawings, words, titles and phrases. These trademarks are protected under Canadian trademark law and cannot be used without prior authorization obtained from Kronos Technologies.
- Data property
Kronos remains the owner of the Equisoft/connect application and all improvements made thereto. As a result, Kronos is the single, exclusive owner of all source codes and intellectual property rights linked to the Equisoft/connect application. The Client shall remain the owner of all data saved in Equisoft/connect.
- Copyrights and trademarks
- Third party service providers
- External sites
Our applications may contain links to external sites. If you access these external sites, know that their use is regulated by specific terms and conditions. Please be advised that Kronos Technologies is in no way responsible for the contents of these sites or the ways in which your data is processed. In no event can Kronos Technologies be held liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly caused or allegedly caused by the access or use of these sites.
- Data integration into Kronos Technologies applications
The Kronos Technologies applications may contain features that will allow third party software to directly integrate data into Kronos. In addition, through the various gateways developed by Kronos, application users have access, in particular, to their clients’ investment and insurance information. Kronos Technologies is not responsible for the quality of the data thus transmitted and integrated into our applications and we cannot be held liable for any loss, corruption or other alteration that the data incurs.
- External sites
- Lack of Advice
The information, data and contents found in the various Kronos applications are used for informational purposes only and do not aim to provide legal, accounting, financial, fiscal or investment advice, to anyone. Kronos shall not be held responsible for damages that you may suffer when entering confidential information in the Kronos Technologies applications. Before making any decisions based on the information found in the Kronos Technologies applications, you should check the information provided by all providers to confirm the accuracy of the given information.
Some features of the Kronos Technologies applications require computer-based prerequisites, such as:
Letter Merging: To use this feature, that allows the user to merge letters, you must use the Microsoft Word 2003 software or a more recent version.
Browser: The Equisoft/connect application is compatible with the latest versions of the Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer browsers.
- Database Management
On agreeing with the terms and conditions of Equisoft/connect, you understand the four hierarchical administrative levels of your database:
- The owner is the person who signs the contract. He is the owner of the database, and as such, is responsible for the contract that he signs, regardless of the number of users sharing the database. He will be responsible for billing for our applications and other services.
- The administrator is the person who manages the database and who is allowed, in the same way as the owner, to add, withdraw and change billable products and services (adding or deleting users, changing services, accepting inherent service costs, etc.). Furthermore, the database administrator has access to a more complete control board than the user. There can be more than one administrator per database.
- The user is the person who uses Equisoft/connect without the rights and responsibilities of the owner or the administrator.
- Concurrent access allows another person to access the database with the access codes of another user, administrator or owner.You understand and agree that the signatory of the database is under no obligation to approve the transfer of a user to another database and that any dispute concerning your user account and/or its contents must be solely handled between you and the signatory of your database. You cannot sue or appoint Kronos Technologies in any dispute relating thereto. You must also defend, indemnify and protect Kronos Technologies from all related damages, costs and expenses.
- Costs and payment methods
- User license agreement for Equisoft/connect application
Monthly payments are made by pre-authorized debits from the Client’s credit card (payments are pre-authorized upon initial subscription). Invoices shall be issued on the date of the subscription, and payments are always made for the upcoming month. In cases of an addition or withdrawal of a user or concurrent access, the payable amount shall be prorated according to the number of days left in the month before the next billing cycle.
- Cost Guarantee
The User License for Equisoft/connect is subject to an annual increase, on January 1 of each year, in the order of 2% maximum. Other prices may change with at least a 30-day notice.
- User license agreement for Equisoft/connect application
- End date and termination
You can cease to use our applications at any given time. However, we hope that you will continue to use them. Kronos Technologies is within its rights to stop giving you access in whole, or in part to its applications, or to add or create new limitations on the use of its applications, and this, at any given time.
- Termination by Kronos
- Kronos may end this contract:
- At any time, by sending a written notice to this effect to the Client, in the event that the Client is in default of the terms of this contract;
- After sending a 30-day notice to this effect in writing to the Client.
- Termination by the Client
The Client may end this contract:
- Termination of the account. The Client may terminate these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by providing a written notice to Kronos. Kronos must permanently delete any data linked to the Account within 90 days after the effective date of the termination. The effective date of the termination begins upon reception of the Client’s written notice
- Kronos must permanently disable and remove the account as soon as possible following the effective date of termination of these Terms and Conditions of Use. If the Client has specifically requested an early termination of the account, Kronos must respond to the request within one (1) month, following the reception of the written request.
- Client must: 1. Stop using and prevent further use of Kronos’ Services, including, without being limited to, the application; 2. Pay any amounts owed to Kronos under these Terms and Conditions; and 3. Discharge any responsibility incurred by the Client under these Terms and Conditions prior to their termination; and 4. The following provisions shall remain in effect following the termination of these Terms and Conditions of Use: Sections 2, 3, 4, 11 and 13.
- Upon termination of this contract, and for any reason, the Client shall send to Kronos, following reception of a simple request, all documents and document copies related to the Equisoft/connect application in the Client’s possession at that time. At the termination of this contract and for any reason, the Client will be able to obtain a saved copy of its data, according to the effective costs, if a written request to this effect is sent to Kronos, at the latest 30 days following the termination of this contract.
- Termination by Kronos
- Limit of liability
Kronos Technologies shall take all reasonable measures to make its applications accessible. However, Kronos Technologies cannot be held liable for any loss, including loss of revenue, expenses or damages incurred by you or your clients should access to Kronos Technologies applications become impossible, delayed or revoked. To the extent permitted by law, Kronos Technologies, its providers and distributors, disclaim any liability for loss of benefits, revenue or data, or indirect, special, consecutive, exemplary or punitive damages or interest.To the extent permitted by law, the total responsibility of Kronos Technologies, its providers and distributors, for any claims made under these conditions of use, including any implied guarantee, is limited to the last monthly amount that you paid us to use the applications (or, if such is our choice, to provide you with the said services again).
- Account Information from Third Party Sites
Users may direct Kronos Technologies to retrieve their own information maintained online by third-parties with which they have customer relationships, maintain accounts or engage in financial transactions ("Account Information"). Kronos Technologies works with one or more online service providers to access this Account Information. Kronos Technologies makes no effort to review the Account Information for any purpose, including but not limited to accuracy, legality or non-infringement. Kronos Technologies is not responsible for the products and services offered by or on third party sites. Kronos Technologies cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties which may result in the impossibility to obtain data or loss of data, personalized settings or other service interruptions. Kronos Technologies cannot assume responsibility for the speed, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalized settings.
- Amendments to the terms and conditions of use
Kronos Technologies reserves the right to update or amend the terms and conditions of use of its applications at any time, and your continued use of Kronos Technologies applications shall be considered as your agreement with the amendment. The responsibility falls to you, to regularly check, on the various Kronos Technologies websites, for any amendments made to the terms and conditions of use. Furthermore, the date of the last modification will always be indicated.
This contract may not be assigned in whole or in part by the Client.
This contract reflects the complete agreement between the parties in relation to the objects targeted by these parties. All agreements, promises, proposals, offers or other documents related to this group are, consequently, nul and void.
Should you require support or further information, please contact us via email or mail at the following address:
305, Charest Boul. E.
10th floor Quebec (Quebec) G1K 3H3
Telephone: 418 877-5400
Toll free: 1 877 877-5456